WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
The information we gather falls into two categories: (1) personal information you supply, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through the Site, on your mobile phone or device, or any of our store kiosks (where available).
Personally identifiable information
We will collect and store personally identifiable information whenever you do the following:
1. Purchase our products. When you purchase products from us through the Site or any of our store kiosks, we will collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and credit card number. We use this information to process and communicate with you about your order. When you purchase a product through the Site or one of our store kiosks, you may also choose whether you want us to send you information about our products, services, special promotions or incentives.
2. Volunteer information. In order to provide you with a better and more personalized service as well as to keep you updated on our and third parties' products and services, we may collect other personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide us such as information about your personal preferences, survey responses, details on your transactions and interactions with us.
3. Create an account. You have the option to create an account with us on the Site. When you create an account, we collect personally identifiable information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, email address and date of birth. We use this information to manage your account and customize and enhance your online shopping experience. For example, when you create an account on the Site, you will be able to create and maintain a Wish List of items that can be shared with your family and friends, use our "express checkout" feature, and view your entire order history. You may also choose whether you want us to send you information about our products, services, special promotions or incentives. You may choose not to create an account or not to provide us with certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features on the Site.
4. Join our Winner's Circle. You have the option to join our Winner's Circle program, either on the Site or in our stores (including through our store kiosks), which provides you with rewards for shopping at Finish Line. To join the Winner's Circle, you will be required to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, telephone number, mailing address, and email address. We will also maintain a record of your purchases. We will use this information to manage and communicate with you about your Winner's Circle account. When you sign up for the Winner?s Circle, you may also choose whether you want us to let you know about our products, services, special promotions or incentives.
5. Opt-in for Mobile Marketing. You may have the option to participate in our mobile marketing program by consenting to communication on your mobile phone or device. If you provide such consent, your mobile number will only be used to communicate information about products, services, sweepstakes, special promotions, incentives, and refunds. If you register for mobile marketing, you will receive special offers, unless you have requested otherwise at the time of registration or as set forth below.
6. Request a catalog and/or email announcements. You may request that we provide you with email announcements and/or our catalog by signing up on the Site or in our stores (including through our store kiosks). In order to fulfill your request, we will collect your name, mailing address, mobile number, and/or your email address.
7. Complete a survey or product review. On occasion, we may request that you complete a survey. Your participation in any survey is completely voluntary. If you complete a survey, we will use the information you provide to help us enhance our stores, the Site, and the products and services we offer. You may also wish to provide us with a review of a product you have purchased. If you provide us with a review, we will use the information to improve the products we offer and we may elect to anonymously post the review to assist other customers with their purchase decisions.
8. Enter a contest or sweepstakes. From time to time, you may have the opportunity to enter a contest or sweepstakes that we offer, either on the Site, on your mobile phone or device, or in our stores. In order to enter a contest or sweepstakes, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, age, photograph, telephone number, mobile number and/or mailing address. We will use this information to notify contest winners of awards and prizes. We may also use the information to let you know about our products, services, special promotions or incentives that may be of interest to you. On occasion, we may join with a select third party to offer a contest or sweepstakes, in which case you may choose whether we may also share the information you provide on your entry form with our co-sponsor so that it can inform you of products or services that may be of interest.
9. Email To A Friend or Email your Wish List. If you elect to use any "Email To A Friend" or "Email Your Wish List" feature on the Site for informing a friend about the Site or products you are interested in, we will ask for the email address of your friend. We use this information only for the purpose of forwarding the selected item(s) or your Wish List. We do not store this information.
10. Contact us with a question or concern. If you contact our customer service center, in order to better serve your needs, a representative will ask you to provide certain personal information like your name, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, and/or email address.
When you provide information for any of the above purposes, you may also be asked to provide demographic information, such as your age or state of residence. We use demographic information to analyze and improve the Site and the products and services we offer, as well as the quality of your on-line visits. We may also use demographic information and/or your purchase history to customize your shopping experience and to help us determine whether you may be interested in a particular product or service. On occasion, we may obtain information about you from other sources to enhance our ability to serve your needs, such as ensuring the delivery of materials you have requested.
When you use the Site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the Site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the Site, or which pages or features get the most attention. We use this information to make the Site more useful to our customers.
1. Web Beacons. We use "Web Beacon" (also known as "clear GIF", "pixel tag", "data tag" or "image tag") technology to collect anonymous, non-personal information about how the Site is used. We use this information to make improvements to our Site and to help us plan for technical improvements. This information will not identify you or any other user of the Site as an individual.
2. E-Mail. We use clear gifs in our HTML - based emails that tell us whether or not you can accept HTML images and, if you can accept HTML, whether or not you viewed the e-mail. We use this information to help us make e-mails about our products and services more useful and interesting. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer. We do not sell this information to others, and we only use it to improve our e-mail communications with you.
We also use a session cookie, which is not placed on your hard drive. A session cookie is a piece of identification between your browser and our server that keeps track of the items in your shopping cart and other session information. This cookie will disappear when the session expires or when you close your browser.
The "help" function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don't accept cookies, you won't be able to take advantage of various features on the Site that are available to other visitors.
For our store kiosks, we use similar technology to collect the types of tracking information described above. We use this information to help us understand how customers use our kiosks and to improve our customers' shopping experience. Please note that you will not be able to disable cookies used in connection with our store kiosks.